Sunday, November 18, 2012

Market Day = Success

So yesterday I did it. I had my very first market stall.
I am now officially open for business. Wow that sounds a bit scary.
I am now a small business owner, operator, buyer, seller, packer, marketer and everything else that comes with being a Sole trader.

Avalon market day was a great first market for so many reasons... 1000s of people, 100s of amazing stalls, beautiful sunshine and it was located in my local community.

Check out what my stall set up looked like below. I have to say that mum and I changed it around almost every half an hour or so. We just couldn't sit still. hahahaha



I met so many lovely people and talked so much that I am losing my voice. I loved watching customers look from a far and smile when they could see what I was selling. I had so many Grandparents come by and share stories with me.

I would like to say a really big thank you and give all my friends and family bear hugs and wet and sloppy smooches for coming to support me yesterday and for all of you love and support in helping this business get up and running.

Obviously this business would not run without 2 very special people in my life so to my very delicious hubby and to my amazing mum thank you thank you thank you.

2 lessons I have learnt this weekend - 1. running a business is exhausting. 2. running my OWN business is exciting. I can't wait to see where this will take me.

I am going to run a competition next. Just have to come up with a creative twist.

xxx
Amanda





2 comments: